10-POINT CHECKLIST FOR CONSUMMATING BOARD ELECTIONS
The transition from executive search consulting to board-advisory projects can be daunting, but Tyler Telfair has a firm grasp of this patented process.
In most cases, our step-by-step system includes a detailed assessment of the company’s board composition, a comprehensive review of the current directors and a diagnostic survey of what’s needed with prospective directors — emphasizing culture fit.
- Identifying innovative candidates for board director stints
- Gauging the prospective director’s interest in board opportunities
- Matching director candidates with various board qualifications
- Analyzing interpersonal cues between the candidate and established board members
- Assigning qualified director candidates to various pool boards
- Arranging informal meet-and-greet sessions among the candidates and board members
- Surveying the entire board’s interest with final candidates
- Scheduling formal board interviews
- Clarifying the search, in terms of narrowing down the best and brightest candidates
- Formally electing esteemed candidates to the board